Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I wish I could find out more on the USS Neosho (AO23)

The comment is buried back in a post I did a while back titled "Survivors of the Battle of Coral Sea - USS NEOSHO.", Jayna left her comment for information on her Grandfather. Here's her comment/request:
"I wish I could find out more on the USS Neosho (AO23). My grandfather died on the 68 man raft, less than 2 weeks before my father was born. If anyone knows of any survivors or has letters from the crew of the AO23, please contact me at wknight6@comcast.net"
I tossing this up with a prayer that through the "six degrees," someone reading this will be connected with someone who knows. Do you know a WWII Navy Vet? Pass it along, maybe collectively, the community of bloggers can pass her some valuable leads. Thanks to Mudville Gazette's open posts!

No comments: